Background

Dec 1, 2011

Up on the Rooftop Advent Calendar


Up to the Rooftop Advent Calendar


This year I chose to create my own Advent Calendar. The final product came out much better than I had envisioned although different from my initial design. I purchased the base product from Artist's Club Advent Calendar. From there I painted the roof black, painted the house two different reds including the T!m Holtz fired brick red distress ink, and the ground white, the numbers tiles were painted yellow and yellow glitter.

Embellishing the calendar was the best part! White flocking to represent snow on both the rooftop and ground. I got a lighted necklace to add lights to the rooftop and added icicle garland as well. Next up was the teddy bear and presents on the rooftop. The presents are sliding down the rooftop after being delivered by Santa and his helpers. And finally gingerbread men were added to the base to assist with turning the numbers. The numbers were cut using my Sizzix and a T!m Holtz die cut and then made into stickers.




Because Amelia is a toddler and there is no room to hid presents in this calendar I placed simple Disney Princess stickers on the reverse side of the tile. After she turns each number I will pull a present from the magic bag for her to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment