Background

Dec 3, 2011

12 Cards of Christmas Series - # 1 Peppermint Flower

And here is my inaugural 12 cards of Christmas!


For my first Christmas card I chose a peppermint theme.

This beautiful candy paper features gumdrops, candy canes and lollipops. I found some fun tissue paper at Michaels in a peppermint theme and another set featuring holiday phrases. I then made a tissue paper flower taking time to ink and mist each of the 9 layers, following a tutorial from 7Gypsies. The ink used is the winter seasonal berries ink from T!m Holtz. Instead of applying simple brad or jewel I combined the layers with a candy cane. Multiple layers of peppermints layer under the tissue paper flower as well. The sentiment is "Have A Sweet Holiday".


May you have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment