Background

Dec 10, 2011

12 Cards of Christmas Series - # 8 Tree of Snowflakes Card

Tree of Snowflakes
I hope you enjoyed yesterday's card.

Today I am sharing a Tree of Snowflakes card. I love the green and red plaid pattern paper as the background for this card. It gives a sense of home and family. I wanted to make a simple card to go with this simple paper. I cut some triangles of different sizes from green cardstock. I left a hinge at the bottom of each triangle so I could give a raised but shadow effect on the card. And I embellished them using the Tim Holtz snowflake embossing folder.

After embossing I added red stickles to the embossed snowflakes. Yes, red stickles for red snowflakes, not white or blue. I was trying maintain the theme of the red and green plaid pattern paper. After the stickles had time to dry I added them to the card. I applied adhesive to the first layer and 3D foam dots to the second layer for the raised effect I was seeking.

Enjoy and merry christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment