Background

Dec 15, 2011

Delivering Christmas Joy

I hope you all liked my 12 Cards of Christmas Series. It was great fun to develop them and come up with a new theme for each day. And just think there will be more next year!

Delivering Christmas Joy


Today I am sharing a home decor project I did in November which I call "Delivering Christmas Joy". I found these 8 cute reindeer and sleigh at Michaels over the summer. Actually I was looking for reindeer and a sleigh about half the size these are to add to my Up on the Rooftop Advent Calendar. While I didn't get exactly what I was looking for I am very happy with the final product.

The reindeer are painted in a brown metallic paint. Each have a garland halter around their necks and and connected to the sleigh. All of the reindeer have baubles on their antlers - one of my friends called them earrings - but I think the baubles helps to upclass them a bit. In fact this is the first project that I have added baubles. I've always been nervous before about jump rings but a quick 5 minute tutorial and I am a jump ring demon - and I have enough sets of pliers to prove it! The 4 reindeer in the back are the younger more anxious reindeer ready to get a move on. While the 4 reindeer in the front are older and wiser and know to rest while Santa is delivering presents to the good little girls and boys. Today Santa Mickey is driving the sleigh but tomorrow it could be our Elf Scout or maybe an Annalee doll.

Enjoy! I know my fellow croppers did while I was making these as they kept walking off into other people's crop bags...

BTW don't you just love the new shelves my husband built and installed...finally

No comments:

Post a Comment